Real Estate Brokerage
Real Estate Development
- Development of Condominiums and Mixed Use Communities
- Single Family Communities
- Financing & Acquisition
- Commercial Closings
3500 Lenox Road
One Alliance Center, 4th Floor
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Darryl Mossis a Partner in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate group. He represents builders, developers, investors, brokers, and lenders in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and leases.
Darryl represents developers throughout the country in the creation of new real estate developments, and is considered an industry leader and expert in condominiums (both commercial and residential), master planned communities, new urban communities, mixed-use developments and other types of real estate developments involving complex ownership structures. He also represents clients in the organization and structuring of new corporate entities.
Darryl was one of the primary authors of the 2006 and 2007 amendments to the Georgia Condominium Act, which addressed issues related to master condominiums, escrow of purchase deposits, certificates of occupancy, and developer exemptions from assessment obligations.
In the Profession
Darryl is a frequent speaker at commercial real estate and legal continuing education seminars. His recent presentations include:
- "Issues in Mixed-Use Development and Changes in the Condo Act" (Georgia Real Property Law Institute);
- “Structuring Mixed-Use Developments with Master Condominiums (National Business Institute);
- “Considerations for Lenders Dealing with Condominium Associations in a Difficult Economic Climate” (Law Seminars International); and,
- Considerations for Dealing with Homeowners’ Associations in Troubled Communities” (State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Section – Commercial Real Estate Seminar).
He is also a frequent contributor to Developments in Real Estate, the official Weissman, Nowack, Curry & Wilco newsletter for the real estate community.
Darryl was named a “Georgia Rising Star” by Law & Politics Magazine in both 2006 and 2007. He is an active member of Urban Land Institute. As one of the emerging leaders in the real estate industry, he was selected to participate in ULI Atlanta's inaugural Center for Regional Leadership Development program in 2009-2010. He is also an active member of ULI Atlanta’s Technical Assistance Panels (TAP) committee. He was chairperson for the Fulton Industrial Boulevard TAP (2012) and is co-chairing the Clarkston TAP (2013).
In the Community
Darryl has provided pro-bono representation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta, Inc., and Community Assistance Center.
Darryl enjoys cycling and participates in an annual bicycle ride from Atlanta to Savannah to raise funds for Special Olympics cycling.